How to Apply
The program offers six application cycles per year: Fall 1, Fall 2, Spring 1, Spring 2, Summer 1, Summer 2. Accepted students will be admitted for the next term following their acceptance. For example, students who apply by the Spring 2 deadline (February), if accepted, will take their first course in Spring 2 (classes begin in March).
- 30-credit, online accelerated program
- Courses are 3 credits and run for 7 weeks
- Students take one course per session
- Applications are accepted for admission six times per year
- Ideal for working professionals, military/spouses and veterans
The IMC M.A. program admits students 6 times per year. Below are the deadlines for the 2020-2021 academic year.
|OAP Term||Application Deadline||Document Receipt Deadline||Classes Begin|
|Fall 2 2020||September 19, 2020||September 26, 2020||October 19, 2020|
|Spring 1 2021||December 12, 2020||December 19, 2020||January 18, 2021|
|Spring 2 2021||February 13, 2021||February 20, 2021||March 15, 2021|
|Summer 1 2021||April 10, 2021||April 17, 2021||May 10, 2021|
|Summer 2 2021||May 29, 2021||June 5, 2021||June 28, 2021|
1. Complete GRE or MAT Test
NOTE: All test scores are waived due to COVID-19
2. Official Undergraduate Transcripts
Official undergraduate transcripts are required.
- The Graduate School requires one (1) official transcript (official transcripts are received in a sealed envelope from the awarding institution or electronically delivered via an approved third party vendor) from each university, college, community college, junior college and high school dual enrollment institution attended. Transfer credit listed on another institution’s transcript is not acceptable. If you do not request one (1) official transcript from each institution attended, the processing of your application will be delayed.
- Official transcripts from each institution should be sent to the Graduate School. The only exception is study abroad credit that is transcripted (i.e., the courses and/or grades from the study abroad experience are listed) by a regionally accredited U.S. institution (i.e., you attended a short term study abroad trip and received credit at a U.S. accredited institution).
- Transcripts may be sent and will be received by UNCW before your application is submitted. To be sure that all of your transcripts are linked to your submitted application, put your full legal name and any and all past names on your application.
- Electronic Method (Preferred): Password protected transcripts may be sent directly from the institution to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paper Method – Official Transcript (Envelope Sealed by the Institution):
- UNCW Graduate School
- Attn: Kimberly Goerne Harris
- 601 S. College Rd.
- Wilmington, NC 28403- 5955
3. Online Recommendations
Please provide three recommenders’ contact information through the online application. At least one recommendation should be from an academic instructor. Recommenders will be forwarded an electronic submission link from UNCW and asked to answer a series of questions. They do not need to write a letter.
4. Statement of Purpose
Statement of purpose addressing how the M.A. IMC will help you achieve your personal and professional goals (500 words).
5. Complete and Submit Online Application
Select “Apply to an OAP Program.” Follow the steps to ensure a successful application submission. If you have any questions about the online application, please email email@example.com